Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Okay, so I've done it. I am starting my very first blog and it's going to be difficult to figure out what to write about. I can't quite imagine that anyone would ever want to "follow" me, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to because I don't think I have anything much profound to say. I'm not sure what I could say that anyone would have interest in knowing about.

Tomorrow is my mother's 84th birthday. I have been trained call but her line is busy so I can only assume that her phone is off the hook since that is usually the reason why my line is busy.... Oh, I did get through to her finally. I think she's doing quite well but I definitely feel like the lame daughter because I did not send her a birthday card at the very least. Patrick is taking her to dinner tonight and has arranged for special meals tomorrow for her birthday. His family is always so good about seeing him regularly and inviting him (and my mother) to their house. I can't help but feel guilty. We go to have lunch with her every couple weeks but I'm not sure what more we could, or should, be doing. I suppose this is an age-old problem for many of us baby boomers. If I were able to drive and go to visit easily I know I would but I can't ask my husband to go much more than he already does since he works both outside the home and inside and he has a mother of his own 40 miles away that he needs to see periodically. I will call her tomorrow again and wish her happy birthday.

Much of this blog will just deal with my situation. I am a 56-year-old woman who has had MS since she was 21. I can no longer walk, work or drive and I am slowly losing the use of my hands as well. When I put it that way it just sounds depressing and I find it difficult to put a positive spin on everything. Maybe this blog will be my attempt at finding the positive spin on things as well as my attempt to figure out what the difference between everyone else's reality and mine is.

No comments:

Post a Comment